The department has a number of statutory obligations with which to comply. As well as administering various Acts of Parliament, there are statutory obligations imposed on the agency such as compliance with the Right to Information Act 2009 (Qld) and the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld).
The department performs a broad range of operations with a particular focus on supporting businesses to reach their full potential and by providing individuals with training and employment opportunities aligned with Queensland's employment, skilling and economic priorities.
The department's operations also include a range of significant initiatives as part of the government's commitments. The department's income and controlled expenses are reported in the Chief Finance Officer and financial statements sections of this report.
The department promotes the Queensland public service values. A workforce of engaged, connected individuals who are motivated to deliver better outcomes for Queenslanders is critical to our success.
- We know our customers
- We deliver what matters
- We make decisions with empathy
Ideas into action
- We challenge the norm and suggest solutions
- We encourage and embrace new ideas
- We own our actions, successes and mistakes
- We take calculated risks
- We act with transparency
- We expect greatness
- We lead and set clear expectations
- We seek, provide and act on feedback
- We lead, empower and trust
- We play to everyone's strengths
- We develop ourselves and those around us