19 September 2018
The Honourable Shannon Fentiman MP
Minister for Employment and Small Business and
Minister for Training and Skills Development
PO Box 15483
City East Qld 4002
Dear Minister Fentiman
The Department of Employment, Small Business and Training is a newly established state government department arising from the merger of the following functions:
- Employment Policies and Programs from Queensland Treasury
- International Vocational Education and Training, Vocational Education and Training, and Skills and Workforce from the former Department of Education and Training
- Small Business from the former Department of Tourism, Major Events, Small Business and the Commonwealth Games.
This report outlines the non-financial performance, activities and achievements of the new Department of Employment, Small Business and Training for the entire 2017–18 financial year. That is, it reflects the structure, operations and performance of the department as it exists. However, the financial performance only covers the period from 1 January to 30 June 2018.
I certify that this Annual Report complies with:
- the prescribed requirements of the Financial Accountability Act 2009 and the Financial and Performance Management Standard 2009, and
- the detailed requirements set out in the Annual report requirements for Queensland Government agencies.
A checklist outlining the annual reporting requirements can be found at page 112 of this annual report.
Department of Employment, Small Business and Training