The Queensland Small Business Advisory Council focuses on significant small business issues and provides advice and solutions to its Chair, the Minister for Small Business Shannon Fentiman, on issues related to small business growth, sustainability and employment.
Council membership includes small business owners and representatives across a variety of industries as well as regional and rural Queensland.
The Council has been tasked with:
- responding to requests from the Minister on identified small business issues
- responding to requests from the Minister for feedback on proposed small business assistance programs and policies
- bringing to the Minister's attention any systemic and emerging issues with the potential to affect the ability of Queensland small businesses to operate successfully.
Better Regulation Taskforce
The Council has established the Better Regulation Taskforce as a sub-committee to provide advice on opportunities to improve regulation for small business in Queensland. The Taskforce assumes the work of the former Red Tape Reduction Advisory Council which has been amalgamated into the Council.
The members of the Queensland Small Business Advisory Council are:
- The Honourable Shannon Fentiman MP, Minister for Employment and Small Business and Minister for Training and Skills Development (Chair)
- Ms Maree Adshead, Queensland Small Business Champion
- Mr Tony Axford, Gold Coast Small Business Advisory Centre
- Mr Ralph Edwards, BrightEyes Sunglasses Group
- Ms Julie-ann Lambourne, enVizion
- Mr Derek Lightfoot, Tropical Pines
- Ms Courtney Petersen, Consultant
- Mr Shane Rodgers, Australian Industry Group (Ai Group)
- Ms Debbie Smith, Foodworks Toowoomba and MGA Independent Retailer
- Ms Julia Telford, Engage and Create Consulting
- Ms Kate Whittle, Chamber of Commerce and Industry Queensland (CCIQ)
Is there an issue facing small businesses in Queensland you would like the government to investigate? Contact us on email@example.com.