Training contacts

Telephone 1300 369 935
Contact Training

Apprenticeships Info
Telephone 1800 210 210
Contact Apprenticeships Info

Queensland Training Ombudsman
Telephone 1800 773 048
Contact the Training Ombudsman

Facebook Youtube

Replacement completion certificates (or other related documents) are available from the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training for apprenticeships and traineeships completed in Queensland.

The cost for a replacement certificate or document is $20.96*. Once we receive your application, you will be contacted within 10 working days to discuss your request and payment options. No payment is required with your initial application.

*Our fees increase on 1 July each year. On 1 July 2022 our fees were increased by 2.5% in line with Government's indexation policy. You can contact us to find out details about specific fees and charges.

Replacement documents can be:

  • certified copy of completion certificate – issued to apprentices and trainees by the department after successful completion of their apprenticeship or traineeship. Note: This certificate is different to your qualification certificate issued by the training organisation.
  • extract letter – provided for an apprenticeship or traineeship partially completed, usually for recommencing an apprenticeship or traineeship in another state or territory. An extract letter details the duration of employment as an apprentice or trainee in Queensland.
  • other documents – replacement letters or other documents issued for apprenticeships and traineeships completed in Queensland.

Requests for documents older than 65 years (from date of completion/cancellation of apprenticeship) are also publicly available from the Queensland State Archives.

Requesting replacement documents

If you are requesting documents for your own records, complete the Apprenticeship/traineeship historical records (DOCX, 176KB) and send to the department. To complete this form, save it on your computer first, then fill out the form. This ensures the copy you forward to the department contains your information.

Third party requests

If you are authorising someone else to request your records on your behalf, you will both need to complete the following forms:

Send your completed forms

Follow instructions on the form(s) to email or mail to the department.

Last updated 1 July 2022

Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia (CC BY 3.0)