Connect with us
The Queensland Government recognises the importance of supporting Queensland small businesses to grow and thrive. Under the Big Plans for Small Business Strategy 2021–2023, the Queensland Government committed to establishing a Summertime Taskforce to explore how businesses can move outside and revitalise dining precincts and CBDs.
In 2021, the Summertime Taskforce was established by the Queensland Small Business Commissioner. Informed by an Industry Reference Group, the Taskforce considered options for supporting outdoor business expansion. The Taskforce's findings and recommendations are set out in the Summertime Taskforce Project: Recommendations Report.
The Queensland Government's response to the recommendations and the Queensland Outdoor Activation Action Plan are being implemented.
Key actions are to:
- support local governments to apply for delegations which allow designated officers to approve a liquor licence change of boundary for outdoor trade subject to certain restrictions
- work with local governments to explore the establishment of Outdoor Trade Activation Areas
- improve guidance to businesses applying for dining and roadside vending
- continue to deliver and expand Queensland's Business Launchpad to cut red tape for business
- develop a resource for councils to encourage and maximise outdoor trade
- provide access to mentoring to businesses that are getting ready to trade outdoors.