Family-led decision making uses a culturally safe decision-making process that involves:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families
- community stakeholders including community-controlled organisations
- Youth Justice officers.
It empowers Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families to make positive decisions to achieve change in their young people's:
- ongoing cultural and practical support needs.
Family-led decision making reconnects and heals a young person's connection to their culture.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community-controlled organisations deliver family-led decision making services in:
- Brisbane and Moreton Bay region
- South East region
- Toowoomba, in the South West region
- Cairns, in the Far North Queensland region.
Queensland Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Child Protection Peak provide program support to the funded community-controlled organisations.