21 September 2023: Second funding round for 2023–24 closed.
5 July 2023: 2023–24 first funding round projects announced. View funded project lists.
With an ongoing annual investment of $80 million, the Skilling Queenslanders for Work initiative assists disadvantaged Queenslanders to gain skills, qualifications, and experience to enter and stay in the workforce.
The initiative funds community organisations to deliver training and support programs to up to 15,000 unemployed or underemployed Queenslanders, focusing on:
- young people (including those in and transitioned from out-of-home care)
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- people with disability
- mature age job seekers
- women re-entering the workforce
- veterans and ex-Australian Defence Force (ADF) members and their families
- people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- recently released prisoners.
Read the Skilling Queenslanders for Work fact sheet (PDF, 162KB) for an overview.