We employ dedicated, passionate people who are genuinely making a difference in the lives of others in the community.
Our opportunities are located within offices across Queensland—from Far North Queensland to the Gold Coast and as far inland as Mount Isa.
Careers with us
Our department offers a range of career opportunities in areas such as:
- policy development
- program management
- corporate services
- event management
- stakeholder and partnership management
- service delivery
Our opportunities are advertised on the Queensland Government Smart jobs and careers website.
Benefits and conditions
We can offer you a range of benefits and working conditions that will support your work and lifestyle, including:
- flexible work arrangements
- reasonable adjustment for people with disabilities
- generous leave entitlements including
- 4 weeks annual leave and annual leave loading
- 2 weeks sick leave per year
- access to long service leave after 7 years' service
- personal leave
- maternity and paternity leave
- option to purchase additional leave
- superannuation contributions of up to 12.75%
- salary packaging
- access to employee assistance programs
- locality allowances for those working in certain regional locations.
How to apply
- Permanent and temporary vacancies are advertised through Smart jobs and careers.
- Appointment to vacancies is based on merit.
- The role description for the advertised vacancy will outline the documents you must include in your application.
If you are successful for a position, you will also be subject to a criminal history check.
Diversity and inclusion
Our focus is developing a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities we serve. Everyone, regardless of background or ability, deserves the opportunity to develop skills to fully participate in society, be active citizens and positively contribute to our state's future prosperity.
Our department ensures people feel included, valued and respected, and have equal opportunities at work. We foster workplace flexibility and we are open to different and contemporary ways of working that embrace the use of technology and innovation.
Our goal is to work together to create a great place for everyone to work.
Read the Queensland Government's inclusion and diversity commitment.
Employee health, safety and wellbeing
Workplace health, safety and wellbeing is important to us, and everyone is responsible for ensuring health and safety in the workplace. We are committed to fostering a supportive and healthy workplace and promoting healthy lifestyles to all our employees.
We take an integrated approach to health, safety and wellbeing by combining occupational safety and injury prevention with health and wellbeing. This enhances employee health and prevents work-related injuries and illnesses.
Read more about health, safety and wellbeing in Queensland workplaces.
We support a range of programs that provide opportunities for people to work with the department. These programs include the Policy Futures graduate program and the Queensland Government IT graduate program.
We offer traineeships, industry and vocational placements for tertiary students and opportunities for those seeking a career change.