Introduction and Acknowledgement of Traditional Owners
Master of Ceremonies
Ellen Fanning, ABC
The Honourable Annastacia Palaszczuk MP
Premier and Minister for the Olympics
Keynote address: Thriving workforces in the new norm
Dr Pradeep Philip, Deloitte
Defining the challenge and embracing the opportunity
The Honourable Di Farmer MP
Minister for Minister for Employment and Small Business and Minister for Training and Skills Development
Strategic investment opportunities enabling regional jobs growth
The Honourable Steven Miles MP
Deputy Premier, Minister for State Development, Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning and Minister Assisting the Premier on Olympics Infrastructure
The Honourable Cameron Dick MP
Treasurer and Minister for Trade and Investment
Plenary Session 1
‘Growing your own’ through industry and place-based workforce approaches
Panel discussion and interactive session
Four concurrent workshops sessions (1 hour 30 mins)
- Workshop 1: Shaping work ready Queenslanders through improved school to work experiences
- This workshop will highlight successful partnerships between schools and industry that underpin quality career advice, work experience and work readiness and how they can be enhanced and replicated.
- Workshop 2: Maximising workforce participation
- This workshop will
- explore how we harness the skills and capabilities of every Queenslander and increase labour market participation
- analyse available support and how we forge future connections.
- Workshop 3: Attracting and retaining staff in the new norm
- This session will focus on navigating the employment landscape and employee value propositions in the new world of work and against a backdrop of low unemployment.
- Workshop 4: Skilling Queenslanders – now and into the future
- This workshop will focus on
- maximising the effectiveness of investment in apprenticeships and traineeships
- building connections between universities and industry skill needs
- future priorities for Queensland’s skills and training system.
Plenary Session 2
Harnessing future workforce opportunities
Harnessing workforce opportunities in emerging and growth industries for Queensland
Where to from here?
Session on the outcomes of the Summit and how to implement solutions to workforce challenges through a workforce strategy
Summit wrap up
Summary of key takeaways and priorities from workshops and next steps
To register your interest to attend this invitation only event, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated 23 March 2022