Summit summary and highlight videos
Find out what happened at the Summit by watching these videos:
Summit summary communique
Download the Summit Communique for a summary of Summit outcomes.
Visual story of highlights
During the Summit, visual artist Tatum Kenna developed live visual stories of some of the points raised in each of the plenary and workshop panel discussions.
- Growing your own through industry and place-based workforce approaches
- Harnessing future workforce opportunities interactive session visual summary
- Where to from here panel discussion visual summary
These case study videos showcase leading examples of how Queenslanders are implementing each of the Summit's plenary and workshop themes. We sincerely thank all organisations involved for helping to profile these great initiatives.
Plenary 1: 'Growing your own' through industry and place-based workforce approaches
Workshop 1: Shaping work ready Queenslanders through improved school to work experiences
- Agribusiness Gateway to Industry Schools Program (Department of Agriculture and Fisheries and Corinda State High School)
Workshop 2: Maximising workforce participation
- Improving women's workforce opportunities (Queensland Council of Social Service)
- Recruit Smarter Program to support workforce diversity (Dr Victor Sojo Monzon, Senior Lecturer in Leadership, University of Melbourne)
- Workforce inclusivity and women's empowerment programs (Centacare FNQ)
Workshop 3: Attracting and retaining staff in the new norm
Workshop 4: Skilling Queenslanders – now and into the future
- Queensland Future Skills partnership (TAFE Queensland and BHP)
- Lean manufacturing upskilling program to support the competitiveness of Queensland's manufacturing sector (Industry Skills Advisor, Manufacturing and STODDART)
Plenary 2: Harnessing future workforce opportunities