The department collects vocational education and training (VET) participation and outcomes data from registered training organisations including those delivering publicly funded VET activity in Queensland. This data is used to populate the national dataset collected by the National Centre for Vocational Educational Research (NCVER) and is used for local reports. Statistics presented in these reports may vary to those produced by NCVER due to differences in counting rules and time periods being reported.
VET participation reports summarise the total count of students who have participated in VET activity during the financial year. The reports are limited to publicly funded VET students who have at least one subject outcome (successful or otherwise). Data is available for the latest five financial years.
- VET Annual Summary - Participation by region (PDF, 74KB or XLSX, 88KB)
- VET Annual Summary - Participation by provider type (PDF, 74KB or XLSX, 87KB)
- VET Annual Summary - Participation by Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) (PDF, 79KB or XLSX, 96KB)
The following reports provide a count of qualifications completed by students participating in publicly funded VET and are reported by financial years. Data is available for the latest five financial years.
- VET Annual Summary - Qualification completions by region (PDF, 74KB or XLSX, 88KB)
- VET Annual Summary - Qualification completions by provider type (PDF, 73KB or XLSX, 87KB)
- VET Annual Summary - Qualification completions by Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) (PDF, 74KB or XLSX, 96KB)
VET Annual Summary Data Slicer
A complimentary excel product that allows publicly funded VET participation and VET qualification completion data to be filtered by multiple measures across five financial years.
- VET Annual Summary – Data Slicer (XLSX, 9MB)
Registered training organisation and pre-qualified supplier counts
The following report provides a count of registered training organisations (RTOs) and pre-qualified suppliers (PQS) as at 30 June 2019.
Further RTO information can be found on the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) website.
Further PQS information can be found in the PQS section of this website.