The department collects vocational education and training (VET) participation and outcomes data from registered training organisations including those delivering state government funded VET activity in Queensland. This data is used to populate the national data set collected by the National Centre for Vocational Educational Research (NCVER) and is used for local reports. Statistics presented in these reports may vary to those produced by NCVER due to differences in counting rules and time periods being reported.
VET participation reports summarise the total count of students who have participated in VET activity during the financial year. The reports are limited to state government funded VET students who have at least 1 subject outcome (successful or otherwise). Data is available for the latest 5 financial years.
- VET Annual Summary – Participation by region (PDF, 173KB or XLSX, 103KB)
- VET Annual Summary – Participation by provider type (PDF, 171KB or XLSX, 102KB)
- VET Annual Summary – Participation by Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) (PDF, 110KB or XLSX, 103KB)
The following reports provide a count of qualifications completed by students participating in state government funded VET and are reported by financial years. Data is available for the latest 5 financial years.
- VET Annual Summary – Qualification completions by region (PDF, 111KB or XLSX, 103KB)
- VET Annual Summary – Qualification completions by provider type (PDF, 170KB or XLSX, 102KB)
- VET Annual Summary – Qualification completions by Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) (PDF, 175KB or XLSX, 102KB)
VET Annual Summary Data Slicer
A complimentary excel product that allows state government funded VET participation and VET qualification completion data to be filtered by multiple measures across 5 financial years.
- VET Annual Summary – Data Slicer (XLSX, 8.2MB)
Registered training organisation and pre-qualified supplier counts
The following report provides a count of registered training organisations (RTOs) and pre-qualified suppliers (PQS) as at 30 June 2020.
Further RTO information can be found on the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) website.
Further Skills Assure Supplier (SAS) information can be found in the SAS section of this website. Note that SAS was previously known as PQS until July 2020..