30 April 2020: Application window for first 2020–21 funding round closed.
The first funding round for 2020–21 closed at 5pm (AEST) on Thursday 30 April 2020.
Applications for regular funding rounds offered under the Skilling Queenslanders for Work initiative must be submitted via the SQW Apps application portal.
Introduced in 2016, SQW Apps is the initiative's online application portal which enables eligible organisations to apply for program funding in a secure cloud-based environment.
Applicant organisations can complete and submit online application forms via the portal for the following programs:
The application process
Applications are accepted during 2 open funding rounds each year.
First and second rounds generally open February/March and August/September respectively. Incomplete and late applications are not considered.
One lead organisation is to apply for and manage funding for each project, with a separate application form completed for each program and region that funding is being applied for.
Applications are assessed by locally-based SQW Advisory Committees, comprising of representatives from the community, industry, government and unions.
Applications are assessed against set assessment criteria, including the applicant organisation's capacity to manage the proposed project, and the extent to which the project will service community and industry needs. Information on the assessment criteria is available from the different program guidelines found on program webpages (refer to links provided above).
Applicant organisations are encouraged to contact their local DESBT regional office to discuss their project proposals.
How to access the portal
Access to the portal is only available during open funding rounds.
Complete an online registration form to create an account for your organisation.
Note: A new account needs to be created for each funding round. Previous round login credentials are not valid.
Once submitted, an email verifying your organisation's account will be sent to nominated email addresses.
How to complete forms
Completing and submitting forms in the portal involves the following steps:
- Login to your SQW Apps account.
- Select the form for the program you want to apply for.
- Read and accept terms and conditions (note: you will have to accept these at the beginning of every application).
- Complete the application form, uploading any required supporting materials and using relevant templates supplied on this page.
- Check your application for completeness, and read and accept declaration terms. (Note: the application form includes a checklist to assist you to check that your application is complete).
- Click the submit button to lodge your funding application.
Once submitted, an email will be sent to nominated email addresses confirming that your organisation's application has been received.
- Applications can be completed over time, from anywhere and on any device with internet access.
- While there is an auto save feature, you are encouraged to save regularly as you complete, edit and refine your application.
- It is recommended that applications are submitted no later than 2 days prior to the closing date to ensure any unforeseen issues do not prevent organisations from applying.
Application templates and tools
Budget tool (XLSM, 1MB)
Note: This budget tool is only compatible with PC's and not compatible with the Apple Mac. In addition, you will need at least Excel 2010 or later to run the budget tool.
Help and information
- SQW Apps user guide (PDF, 1.1MB) - step-by-step instructions and screen views showing you how to use SQW Apps
- SQW Apps frequently asked questions
- SQW Guide to applying for funding (PDF, 769KB) - how to write and complete forms
- Community-based organisation training consumer tips (PDF, 350KB) - help to select the right training partner
- Training and support plan fact sheet (PDF, 179KB)
- SQW Support fact sheet (PDF 249KB).