Tips from QCOSS
The below videos may help you with your Skilling Queenslanders for Work application (supplied by Queensland Council of Social Service).
21 September 2023: Second funding round for 2023–24 closed.
5 July 2023: 2023–24 first funding round projects announced. View funded project lists.
Applications for funding for Skilling Queenslanders for Work programs (except First Start) must be submitted via the Training and Skills Programs Portal (application portal formally known as SQW Apps).
Read the First Start guidelines for funding (PDF, 397KB) to learn how to apply for this program.
Current funding round status
Applications for the 2023–24 second funding round closed at 5pm, Thursday 21 September 2023.
There are 2 funding rounds each financial year. First and second rounds generally open February/March and August/September respectively.
Only 1 lead organisation applies for and manages the funding for each project, with a separate application required for each program and region that funding is being applied for.
Applications are assessed:
- by locally based SQW Advisory Committees, comprising of representatives from the community, industry, government and unions
- against set assessment criteria, including your organisation's capacity to manage the proposed project, and the extent to which the project will service community and industry needs.
Learn about assessment criteria for each program on the individual program pages.
Applicant organisations are encouraged to contact their local Department of Youth Justice, Employment, Small Business and Training (DYJESBT) regional office to discuss their project proposals.
Access the Training and Skills Programs Portal
Upon registering, you'll receive an email verifying your user account. Once your email address is confirmed, you'll be able to log on to the portal to create or associate to your organisation.
Completing your application
Read the guide to applying for funding (PDF, 485KB) to assist you in writing and completing your application.
Follow these steps to submit your application:
- Login to your Training and Skills Programs Portal account (from anywhere and any device with internet access).
- Navigate to the 'Applications' tab and select the application form for the program you want to apply for.
- Read and accept terms and conditions. Note you will have to accept these at the beginning of every application.
- Complete the application form, uploading any required supporting materials and using relevant templates supplied on the portal.
- You can complete your application over time.
- When you click on the 'Save & Next' button, your application is automatically saved. The portal does not save mid-page.
- Attachments can be PDF, DOC or DOCX and must be less than 10MB each.
- Review your application, ensuring it is completed, and read and accept declaration terms. From the last page of your application, you can review any part via the 'Applications' tab.
- Click the 'Save & Submit' button to lodge your funding application.
Once submitted, you'll receive an email confirming that your application has been received.
It is recommended you submit your application no later than 2 days prior to the closing date to ensure any unforeseen issues do not prevent you from applying. Incomplete and late applications are not considered.
Training and Skills Programs Portal support
For technical and other online application assistance:
- Find resources to assist you in delivering your projects
- Learn more about the programs under the initiative.