Telephone 1300 369 935
Telephone 1800 210 210
Contact Apprenticeships Info
Queensland Training Ombudsman
Telephone 1800 773 048
Contact the Training Ombudsman
Tips from QCOSS
The below videos may help you with your Skilling Queenslanders for Work application (supplied by Queensland Council of Social Service).
30 March 2023: Applications for the 2023-24 first funding round closed.
17 December 2022: 2022–23 second funding round projects announced. View funded project lists.
The first funding round for 2023–24 opened on 6 February 2023 and closed at 5pm, 30 March 2023.
Applications for regular funding rounds offered under the Skilling Queenslanders for Work initiative must be submitted via the SQW Apps application portal.
Applicant organisations can complete and submit online application forms via the portal for the following programs:
- Community Work Skills
- Work Skills Traineeships
- Get Set for Work
- Ready for Work
- Youth Skills
- Community Foundation Skills
- Skill Up
Refer to the First Start guidelines to learn how to apply for this program.
The application process
Applications are accepted during 2 open funding rounds each year.
First and second rounds generally open February/March and August/September respectively. Incomplete and late applications are not considered.
One lead organisation is to apply for and manage funding for each project, with a separate application form completed for each program and region that funding is being applied for.
Applications are assessed by locally-based SQW Advisory Committees, comprising of representatives from the community, industry, government and unions.
Applications are assessed against set assessment criteria, including the applicant organisation's capacity to manage the proposed project, and the extent to which the project will service community and industry needs. Information on the assessment criteria is available from the different program guidelines found on program web pages (refer to links provided above).
Applicant organisations are encouraged to contact their local DESBT regional office to discuss their project proposals.
How to access the portal
Register to create an account.
Upon registering, an email verifying your user account will be sent to your nominated email address. Once your email address is confirmed, you will then be able to log on to the portal to create or associate to your organisation.
Once submitted, an email verifying your organisation's account will be sent to nominated email addresses.
How to complete forms
Completing and submitting forms in the portal involves the following steps:
- Login to your SQW Apps account.
- Select the form for the program you want to apply for.
- Read and accept terms and conditions (note: you will have to accept these at the beginning of every application).
- Complete the application form, uploading any required supporting materials and using relevant templates supplied on this page.
- Check your application for completeness, and read and accept declaration terms.
- Click the submit button to lodge your funding application.
Once submitted, an email will be sent to your nominated email address confirming that your organisation's application has been received.
- Applications can be completed over time, from anywhere and on any device with internet access.
- While there is an auto save feature, you are encouraged to save regularly as you complete, edit and refine your application.
- It is recommended that applications are submitted no later than 2 days prior to the closing date to ensure any unforeseen issues do not prevent organisations from applying.
Help and information
- SQW Apps frequently asked questions
- SQW Guide to applying for funding (PDF, 485KB) – how to write and complete forms
- Community-based organisation training consumer tips (PDF, 350KB) – help to select the right training partner
- Training and support plan fact sheet (PDF, 179KB)
- SQW Support fact sheet (PDF 249KB).
For all general Skilling Queenslanders for Work enquiries, including requests for online application assistance, phone 1300 369 935 or email email@example.com.
Community-based organisations and other eligible organisations with specific enquiries regarding project proposals can contact their local DESBT regional office directly or phone 1300 369 935.