Social Enterprise Jobs Fund
The Queensland Government has announced $8 million over the next 2 years for the Social Enterprise Jobs Fund, as part of the Future Skills Fund.
The Jobs Fund will continue to build on the commitments under the Queensland Social Enterprise Strategy to support the development of a sustainable and thriving social enterprise sector.
Under the Jobs Fund, $3 million in funding will be delivered over the next 2 years through business development and growth grants for eligible organisations. The current delivery schedule for the grants is listed below.
Grants delivery schedule
|Grant program||Launch date||Opening date||Closing date|
|Community Social Enterprise Development Grants||29 May 2021||3 June 2021||15 July 2021|
|Social Enterprise Growth Grants||9 September 2021||23 September 2021||7 October 2021|
|Sector Development Grants||November 2021||December 2021||February 2022|
|Social Enterprise Development Grants||April 2022||May 2022||June 2022|
Social Enterprise Growth Grants
Applications for the Social Enterprise Growth Grants are now closed.
Grant applications received are currently being assessed. All applicants will be notified about the outcome of their application once the assessment process is completed.
The Social Enterprise Growth Grants program provides grants to eligible established Queensland social enterprises for capability and capacity building that supports the business to scale up or adapt.
The program supports social enterprises that have operated and traded in Queensland for a minimum of 1 year, and have a mission or purpose aligned to Queensland Government priorities, such as:
- supporting jobs
- investing in skills
- growing regions
- protecting the environment
- safeguarding health.
Grants can be used for the purchase of:
- production equipment
- digital equipment and systems
- consumables, resources or materials (specific to an identified growth opportunity)
- skills development and coaching programs
- business and strategic planning advice
- website development and upgrades
- marketing strategies.
The Social Enterprise Growth Grants program is a limited life program.
If you have further questions, email email@example.com.
Community Social Enterprise Development Grants Program
The Community Social Enterprise Development Grants program provides grants to experienced non-profit community-based organisations to increase the capability and capacity of the social enterprises they operate.
The program assists organisations to grow existing social enterprises and expand skills development and employment opportunities for disadvantaged Queenslanders, including:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- migrants and refugees from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- people with disability
- young people (aged 15–24 years), including those in and transitioned from out-of-home care
- women re-entering the workforce
- veterans, ex-Australian Defence Force (ADF) personnel and their families
- recently released prisoners.