'applicant organisation' means the organisation applying for funding.
'application' means an application to the department for funding to deliver programs under the Skilling Queenslanders for Work initiative.
'authorised contacts' means anyone authorised to access or complete information on behalf of the applicant organisation.
'closing time' for an application means the time specified by the department by which the application must be lodged through SQW Apps in order to be considered by the department.
'department' means State of Queensland (represented by Department of Employment, Small Business and Training).
'funding round period' refers to the current funding round for the Skilling Queenslanders for Work initiative.
'you' and related parts of speech or other grammatical forms means:
- you as an individual, and;
- the organisation you act on behalf of.
'SQW Apps' means the department's online application portal for Skilling Queenslanders for Work applications for funding.
- You must keep information you submit to the department up-to-date and you acknowledge that the department may rely on information submitted until it receives notice from you of updates or changes to the information submitted.
- You must keep the applicant organisation's username and password secure by ensuring it is only shared with authorised contacts.
- The applicant organisation is responsible for all activities that occur through use of its password and username.
- You acknowledge that information in your registration for access to SQW Apps, and in applications, becomes and remains the property of the department and information received from you through SQW Apps will be a public record under the Public Records Act 2002 (Qld) and may be subject to disclosure under the Right to Information Act 2009 (RTI Act) and Information Privacy Act 2009.
- You acknowledge that you may be required to submit information and documentation in addition to that contained in your application, as required by the department.
- You acknowledge that applications must conform with the requirements of the specific funding program/s applied for through SQW Apps.
- If your application does not conform with the requirements of the system, on-screen messages or messages displayed in SQW Apps as validation issues will alert you to non-conforming sections of your application.
- The lodgement of your application will be confirmed via an email to the email addresses provided in the registration process. You acknowledge that if you do not receive an email you will not have successfully lodged your application.
- You acknowledge that you are required to keep a hardcopy of your application as evidence of lodgement.
- The department will not be responsible for, and you release the department from any liability for, system delays, failures or outages. You acknowledge that this may include any failure of hardware, software or services related to SQW Apps.
- The department may monitor and analyse SQW Apps usage for evidence of misuse and attempted or actual security breaches.
- You must comply with other terms specified by the department in relation to the use of SQW Apps or use of any information, graphics or materials on SQW webpages on the training website, imposed by the department from time to time.
- You must comply with and submit to the laws and jurisdiction of the State of Queensland in relation to your use of SQW Apps.
- When using SQW Apps you must not:
- impersonate or pretend to be another person or pretend to act on behalf of an organisation from which you do not have authority to act
- submit information that is false or misleading or defamatory towards others
- infringe others intellectual property or moral rights
- misuse SQW Apps, including through tampering with the website, circumventing security measures, denial-of-service attacks, harmful destruction of data or injection of computer viruses.
- The department may, in its absolute discretion, suspend or terminate at any time you and/or the applicant organisation's access to SQW Apps.
- any damages (including incidental and consequential damages, lost profits or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption) resulting from your use of or inability to use SQW Apps
- all losses, including legal costs, damages and consequential loss directly or indirectly caused by your acts or omissions - or acts or omissions of your officers, employees, agents or related bodies - regarding your use or misuse of the information on SQW Apps.
- You acknowledge that information on SQW Apps is subject to change without notice.
- You acknowledge that the department makes no warranties that SQW Apps is free from infection by computer viruses or other malware.
- You acknowledge that the accessibility and operation of SQW Apps relies on internet technologies outside of the department's control and that internet communications may be susceptible to interference or interception by third parties. The department does not guarantee continuous accessibility or uninterrupted operation of SQW Apps, or the security, authenticity, integrity or confidentiality of any transactions and other communications made through SQW Apps.
- You must immediately report to the department any suspected security breaches, including the use of your information submitted to SQW Apps by unauthorised people.
- You acknowledge that the department is subject to the RTI Act, which provides members of the public with certain rights to access documents held by Queensland government agencies. The department cannot guarantee that the information provided will be protected from disclosure under the RTI Act.
- For applications with an advertised closing time:
- You acknowledge that applications must be submitted within the specified funding round period.
- You acknowledge that an application cannot be lodged on SQW Apps after the closing time.
- You acknowledge that you can only make changes to an application after it has been submitted, and before the closing time, by making a request in writing to the department.