The Priority Skills List (PDF, 35KB) identifies the qualifications and skill sets that attract a government subsidy under the VET investment budget.
The Priority Skills List outlines the subsidies available for delivery of:
- foundation skills courses and lower-level vocational qualifications, which are funded to support the Certificate 3 Guarantee qualifications
- Certificate 3 Guarantee qualifications
- qualifications available for VET in Schools (VETiS)
- qualifications available for Free TAFE for under 25s – view the high priority qualifications
- qualifications and skills sets within the Higher Level Skills Program (AQF Level IV and higher).
The department may review the Priority Skills List and update the list accordingly.
The most current version of this list will be available from this page. Please ensure you are using and reviewing an up-to-date version to avoid confusion.
Some qualifications, such as those considered as thin markets, are managed under special arrangements by the department. Only registered training organisations who hold Skills Assure supplier (SAS) status and are specifically authorised by the department can deliver publicly funded training for these qualifications.
Locations and loadings
Priority skills localities and location loadings list (XLSX, 179KB) – effective 1 July 2019.
Previous Priority Skills lists
- 2020–21 Priority Skills List (PDF, 1.3MB)
- 2019–20 Priority Skills List (PDF, 1.1MB)
- 2018–19 Priority Skills List (PDF, 1.1MB)
- 2017–18 Queensland Training Subsidies List (PDF, 439KB)
User Choice price lists
Access the price lists for the User Choice program (apprenticeship and traineeship funding).