The Trade Skills Assessment and Gap Training (TSAGT) Program gives eligible Queenslanders with substantial industry experience the opportunity to complete a priority trade qualification.
Accessed via User Choice pre-qualified suppliers (PQS), it funds trade skills assessments and the gap training required to gain an eligible qualification.
The 2019–20 TSAGT Program has closed and we are not accepting applications.
Please monitor this page for 2020-21 program updates.
The program involves:
- assessing the skills of experienced individuals who can demonstrate substantial competency in a priority trade qualification
- providing gap training of no more than 40% of the funded competencies to complete the trade qualification.
In addition to supporting Queenslanders to achieve a priority trade qualification, the program aims to:
- minimise current and potential trade skills shortages
- address emerging trade skills needs in the economy or in communities
- support individual career advancement within industries.
To learn more about the program, its aims and participant eligibility, read the TSAGT Program Policy.
TSAGT is open for new contracts
An eligible User Choice PQS can submit a request for TSAGT Program funding any time during the year. It is as simple as completing a brief online form.
How to request funding
Applications are closed for the 2019-20 TSAGT program.
Program allocations for 2019-20 are now full.
An eligible User Choice PQS can submit a request for TSAGT Program funding any time during the year by completing a brief online form.
Prior to submitting your request for funding, it is important you read the TSAGT Program Policy and TSAGT Program VET Services Agreement to understand program requirements and your responsibilities as a TSAGT Program provider in Queensland.
After receiving your request for TSAGT Program funding, the department will acknowledge receipt of your email, review your funding request and notify you of the outcome within three weeks.
Frequently asked questions
Read the frequently asked questions about the TSAGT Program and applying for funding.
- Trade Skills Assessment and Gap Training Program Policy 2019–20 (PDF, 233KB) or (DOCX, 100KB)
- Trade Skills Assessment and Gap Training Program VET Services Agreement (PDF, 1MB).