The Department of Employment, Small Business and Training undertakes compliance audits against the departmental funding programs outlined in the Annual VET Investment Plan, including User Choice and VET Investment programs, to determine if the pre-qualified supplier is satisfactorily addressing the requirements of its PQS agreement.
By entering into a PQS agreement, the supplier commits to meet its obligations for compliance including:
- being responsible for establishing and implementing controls to assist in maintaining compliance
- being responsible for the maintenance and preparation of any audit evidence requested by the department
- providing the department and its auditors with access to all information requested for the purpose of conducting an audit and/or confirming compliance.
Queensland VET Quality Framework - Strategic audit plan 2018-2021
The Strategic audit plan 2018–2021 (PDF, 229KB) sets out to advance the Queensland VET Quality Framework through a renewed focus on pre-qualified supplier contract compliance and performance. The plan outlines the key priorities, service values and focus areas that underpin this assurance of PQS compliance with Queensland contractual requirements, which in turn, will support continuous improvement in the quality of VET offered to Queenslanders.
Ongoing compliance audits are conducted throughout the year. Please refer to the evidence requirements below for information on how to assist your organisation in addressing compliance.
- User Choice program:
- Pre-qualified supplier audit evidence requirements (v6.1, Aug 2018) (PDF, 2MB) – effective 6 August 2018
- Pre-qualified supplier audit evidence requirements (v7.0, Jan 2020) (PDF, 515KB) – effective 1 January 2020
- VET Investment programs:
- Pre-qualified supplier audit evidence requirements (v5.1, Aug 2018) (PDF, 2.2MB) - effective 6 August 2018
- Pre-qualified supplier audit evidence requirements (v6.0, Jan 2020) (PDF, 628KB) – effective 1 January 2020
Historical evidence requirements
Evidence requirements for User Choice and VET Investment programs from previous financial years.
Compliance audit templates
To allow for transparency within the audit process, the templates below are available for pre-qualified suppliers.
PQS compliance audit report (PDF, 1.4MB)
The audit report template provides an overview of the reporting structure.
Verification of PQS Audit Fieldwork (PDF, 394KB)
The verification document outlines the audit process, as well as providing an overview and objectives. If notification of an audit has been received, review of this is expected prior to the audit fieldwork commencement. The PQS CEO and/or nominated representative will be required to sign this document following the fieldwork opening and closing meetings.
Pre-qualified supplier (PQS) audit - Audit evaluation form (PDF, 241KB)
Following the conduct of the audit activity, the PQS will be sent this form, seeking feedback on the recently conducted audit, to assist in maintaining the quality and effectiveness of the audit process.
Compliance audit webinars
This section is currently being reviewed. When updates are published this will be included as an article in Contract Connector.