Telephone 1300 369 935
Telephone 1800 210 210
Contact Apprenticeships Info
Queensland Training Ombudsman
Telephone 1800 773 048
Contact the Training Ombudsman
The Department of Employment, Small Business and Training (DESBT) undertakes compliance audits and performance reviews against the departmental funding programs, including User Choice and VET Investment programs, to determine if the Skills Assure supplier (SAS) is satisfactorily addressing the requirements of the supplier agreements.
By entering into the supplier agreement, the supplier commits to meet its obligations for compliance including:
- being responsible for establishing and implementing controls to assist in maintaining compliance
- being responsible for the maintenance and preparation of any audit evidence requested by the department
- providing the department and its auditors with access to all information requested for the purpose of conducting an audit and/or confirming compliance.
Ongoing compliance audits and performance reviews are conducted throughout the year. Please refer to the evidence requirements below for information on how to assist your organisation in addressing compliance.
- User Choice program:
- Skills Assure supplier audit evidence requirements (v2.1, 31 August 2022) (PDF, 1.4MB) – effective 31 August 2022
- VET Investment programs:
- Skills Assure supplier audit evidence requirements (v3.1, 31 August 2022) (PDF, 1.7MB) – effective 31 August 2022
Changes to documents relate to updating for the current financial year as well as to reference the Partner Portal now that DETConnect has been decommissioned.
Historical evidence requirements
Evidence requirements for User Choice and VET Investment programs from previous financial years.
SAS fact sheets
Skills Assure supplier governance fact sheet (PDF, 195KB)
Compliance audit templates
To allow for transparency within the audit and performance review processes, the templates below are available for Skills Assure suppliers.
Supplier compliance audit report (PDF, 937KB)
This is provided as an example—the reporting framework is under review.
Verification of DESBT audit activity (PDF, 514KB)
The verification document outlines the audit process, as well as providing an overview and objectives. If notification of an audit has been received, review of this is expected prior to the audit opening meeting. The supplier's CEO and/or nominated representative will be required to sign this document following the opening and closing meetings.
To assist in maintaining the quality and effectiveness of individual audit and performance review processes, suppliers are invited to provide feedback. A link to an online evaluation form will be provided during activity communication.