Skills Disability Support provides specialised technology and support services to Skills Assure suppliers to assist students with disability to gain nationally recognised skills and qualifications as a pathway to employment opportunities.
All Skills Assure suppliers can apply for Skills Disability Support to assist students with disability undertaking eligible Queensland Government subsidised training.
Please note the Skills Disability Support program is subject to an annual funding limit and individual approved applications are capped.
How to apply
The Skills Assure supplier:
- Discusses with the student their training support needs.
- Assesses the student's eligibility to access the service using the Skills Disability Support guidelines (PDF, 161KB or DOCX, 119KB).
- Submits a Skills Disability Support application form (DOCX, 80KB) for an eligible student.
- Can also email Skills Disability Support to seek assistance in completing the application form.
The following resources are available to assist in the application process:
- Skills Disability Support fact sheet: A guide for registered training organisations (PDF, 139KB or DOCX, 103KB)
- Skills Disability Support fact sheet: A guide for students with disability (PDF, 117KB or DOCX, 112KB)
- Instructions on how to apply for and manage support (PDF, 409KB or DOCX, 342KB).
How clients are using Skills Disability Support
Skills Disability Support services are successfully assisting students with disability to achieve their training goals, and go on to achieve positive employment outcomes. The following examples demonstrate how Skills Disability Support services are being integrated with other inclusive practices.
- Alex's story
As a young Hervey Bay jobseeker, Alex embraced Skills Disability Support services and didn't let his disability get in the way of his dream job.
- Mitchell's story
Mitchell completed his Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology with assistance provided by Skills Disability Support, and has gone on to secure permanent employment.
If you have examples you would like to share please email Skills Disability Support.