Skills Disability Support provides specialised technology and support services to Skills Assure suppliers to assist students with disability to gain nationally recognised skills and qualifications.
The operational model used by Skills Disability Support means that students can receive flexible training support throughout their training program.
Skills Disability Support is available to all Skills Assure suppliers to support students undertaking Queensland Government subsidised training.
How to apply
The Skills Assure supplier:
- Discusses with the student their training support needs.
- Assesses the student's eligibility to access the service using the Skills Disability Support guidelines (PDF, 92KB or DOCX, 108KB).
- Submits a Skills Disability Support application form (DOCX, 134KB) for an eligible student.
- Applicants can also email Skills Disability Support to seek support in completing the application form.
The following resources are available to assist in the application process:
- Skills Disability Support fact sheet: A guide for registered training organisations (PDF, 175KB or DOCX, 104KB)
- Skills Disability Support fact sheet: A guide for students with disability (PDF, 90KB or DOCX, 104KB)
- Instructions on how to apply for and manage support (PDF, 298KB or DOCX, 785KB).
How clients are using Skills Disability Support
Skills Disability Support services are successfully assisting students with disability to achieve their training goals, and go on to achieve positive employment outcomes. The following examples demonstrate how Skills Disability Support services are being integrated with other inclusive practices.
- Alex's story
As a young Hervey Bay jobseeker, Alex embraced Skills Disability Support services and didn't let his disability get in the way of his dream job.
- Mitchell's story
Mitchell completed his Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology with assistance provided by Skills Disability Support, and has gone on to secure permanent employment.
If you have examples you would like to share please email Skills Disability Support.