Telephone 1300 369 935
Telephone 1800 210 210
Contact Apprenticeships Info
Queensland Training Ombudsman
Telephone 1800 773 048
Contact the Training Ombudsman
Are you a Queenslander aged 15 years or older, no longer at school and need help to secure a job?
Skilling Queenslanders for Work training projects help job seekers gain the skills, qualifications and experience they need to enter and stay in the workforce.
Find a project near you
Use the map below to locate projects near you. Click on a marker to display project details, including a project's name, summary, delivery locations and duration.
To check availability and other specifics, contact the funded organisation via the contact details displayed.
Markers indicate a project’s primary delivery location – not actual organisation or training addresses, or other delivery locations in the region. Contact funded organisations for full details.
Community Work Skills
Community Work Skills assists disadvantaged Queensland job seekers and low skilled workers to gain nationally recognised skills and qualifications up to a certificate III level.
Work Skills Traineeships
Work Skills Traineeships enable long-term unemployed and disadvantaged job seekers to be employed for up to six months on community, construction or environmental projects.
Get Set for Work
Get Set for Work provides intensive employment and training assistance over a 12-month period to young, disengaged Queenslanders aged 15–19 years.
Ready for Work
Ready for Work assists disadvantaged Queenslanders to transition into the workforce by providing courses of up to 6–8 weeks on job search assistance and training.
Youth Skills provides nationally recognised training and employment support for 15–24 year olds who are engaged with Youth Justice Services or Queensland Corrective Services.
Skill Up provides assistance for adults 25 years and older to upskill or reskill in entry level positions in high priority industries to maximise existing and future job opportunities.
Community Foundation Skills
Community Foundation Skills offers assistance to disadvantaged Queenslanders with low level language, literacy, numeracy and digital (LLND) skills to equip them with the knowledge and confidence to participate successfully in a modern knowledge economy.
Am I eligible?
Skilling Queenslanders for Work is about providing supported training opportunities to disadvantaged individuals via community-based projects - run locally by funded organisations.
People from these organisations can talk to you about whether you are eligible, availability and other local supports. In the map above, click on a marker to access contact details.
To be eligible for a project, you must:
- need support to gain the skills or qualification required to achieve any of the following goals:
- successfully gain employment
- secure more stable employment
- build foundation skills to the level for the successful completion of a vocational qualification
- reskill and retrain following redundancy or a long absence from work
- be a Queensland resident
- be aged 15 years or older (and meet any other age requirements of a program)
- meet Australian residency requirements.
People who may be supported
Queensland residents who either:
- have learning or employment barriers and need extra support
- are ineligible for Australian Government employment services or assistance
- remain unemployed after accessing Australian Government services for more than six months
Target groups include:
- young people (including those in and transitioned from out-of-home care)
- mature-age job seekers
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- people with disability
- women re-entering the workforce
- veterans and ex-service personnel
- people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Other traineeship options
Provides wage subsidies to local councils and community-based organisations to employ additional trainees. Look for local councils or community-based organisations near you advertising traineeship opportunities.
For general enquiries about Skilling Queenslanders for Work, email email@example.com or phone 1300 369 935.