Are you a Queenslander aged 15 years or older, no longer at school and need help to secure a job?
Skilling Queenslanders for Work training projects help job seekers gain the skills, qualifications and experience they need to enter and stay in the workforce.
Find a project near you
Use the map below to locate projects near you. Click on a marker to display project details, including a project's name, summary, delivery locations and duration.
To check availability and other specifics, contact the funded organisation via the contact details displayed.
Markers indicate a project’s primary delivery location – not actual organisation or training addresses, or other delivery locations in the region. Contact funded organisations for full details.
Community Work Skills
Community Work Skills assists disadvantaged Queensland job seekers and low skilled workers to gain nationally recognised skills and qualifications up to a certificate III level.
Work Skills Traineeships
Work Skills Traineeships enable long-term unemployed and disadvantaged job seekers to be employed for up to six months on community, construction or environmental projects.
Get Set for Work
Get Set for Work provides intensive employment and training assistance over a 12-month period to young, disengaged Queenslanders aged 15-19 years.
Ready for Work
Ready for Work assists young people aged 15-24 to transition into the workplace by providing courses of up to 6-8 weeks on job search assistance, employability skills and training.
Youth Skills provides nationally recognised training and employment support for 15-24 year olds who are engaged with Youth Justice Services or Queensland Corrective Services.
Am I eligible?
Skilling Queenslanders for Work is about providing supported training opportunities to disadvantaged individuals via community-based projects - run locally by funded organisations.
People from these organisations can talk to you about whether you are eligible, availability and other local supports. In the map above, click on a marker to access contact details.
To be eligible for a project, you must:
- need support to gain the skills or qualification required to achieve any of the following goals:
- successfully gain employment
- secure more stable employment
- build foundation skills to the level for the successful completion of a vocational qualification
- reskill and retrain following redundancy or a long absence from work
- be a Queensland resident
- be aged 15 years or older (and meet any other age requirements of a program)
- meet Australian residency requirements.
People who may be supported
Queensland residents who either:
- have learning or employment barriers and need extra support
- are ineligible for Australian Government employment services or assistance
- remain unemployed after accessing Australian Government services for more than six months
Target groups include:
- young people (including those in and transitioned from out-of-home care)
- mature-age job seekers
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- people with disability
- women re-entering the workforce
- veterans and ex-service personnel
- people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Other traineeship options
Two other traineeship programs make up the Skilling Queenslanders for Work initiative.
First StartProvides wage subsidies to local councils and community-based organisations to employ additional trainees. Look for local councils or community-based organisations near you advertising traineeship opportunities.
Work Start incentivesPrivate sector employers who aren't eligible for a Queensland Government Back to Work employer support payment may qualify for a $10,000 Work Start incentive if they employ a past Skilling Queenslanders for Work participant and meet other criteria. A Youth Boost component of $20,000 is available from 2018-19 onwards, if the eligible person is aged 15 to 24 years. You can direct potential employers to information for employers to learn more.
Jobs Finder Queensland – support for jobseekers
Are you currently looking for work and need assistance? Register your details on Jobs Finder Queensland to be matched with suitable job opportunities by local professional recruitment agencies.