The Queensland Training Awards is your opportunity to shine and be recognised and rewarded for your contribution to the state's vocational education and training sector.
The most prestigious and longest running training sector awards program in the state, the Queensland Training Awards provides individuals and organisations with a unique opportunity to showcase their achievements, best practice and innovation in training.
The awards not only highlight the value of vocational education and training, but also open doors for winners and finalists.
For individuals, being a finalist or award winner can:
- open doors and extend your career
- provide recognition for your hard work
- raise your profile and help inspire others to give VET a go.
For organisations, being a finalist or award winner can:
- help build your business and raise your profile
- provide recognition for your organisation's hard work
- provide exposure to valuable business and networking opportunities.
How to enter the Queensland Training Awards
1. Select your award category
There are 14 award categories encompassing all areas of the training sector. The individual, employer and community-based organisation categories below are initially contested at the regional level and the training provider and industry collaboration awards are contested at state level.
- Harry Hauenschild Apprentice of the Year
- Bob Marshman Trainee of the Year
- Vocational Student of the Year
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Student of the Year*
- School-based Apprentice or Trainee of the Year
- Equity VET Student of the Year
- VET Teacher or Trainer of the Year
- Large Training Provider of the Year (state only)
- Small Training Provider of the Year (state only)
- Community Training Initiative of the Year
- Large Employer of the Year
- Medium Employer of the Year
- Small Employer of the Year
- Premier's Industry Collaboration Award (state only)
*If you identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and nominate for any of the above individual categories, except for the VET Teacher or Trainer of the Year or the Equity VET Student of the Year, you are also eligible to nominate for the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Student of the Year Award by selecting this option in your online nomination.
There are also six award categories available for direct entry to the Australian Training Awards.
2. Identify your region
The seven individual award categories and four of the organisational award categories listed above are initially contested across Queensland's seven regional areas. For these awards, applicants can only nominate in one region.
3. Check the conditions of entry
Ensure you have read and understood the conditions of entry before submitting your nomination.
4. Submit your nomination
You must submit your nomination using the online nomination portal.
How are nominations judged?
Visit the how nominations are judged page for further information on the judging process.
Promote the Queensland Training Awards at your workplace or training location.
Frequently asked questions
Read the frequently asked questions for more information on the Queensland Training Awards.