The Australian Training Awards are the peak national awards that showcase best practice in vocational education and training.
Winners from each state and territory have the opportunity to compete for national titles in aligned categories, with 5 awards available by direct entry:
- Outstanding Achievement in the VET and Skills Sector Award
- Innovation in VET Award
- School Pathways to VET Award
- Australian Apprenticeships – Employer Award
- Excellence in Language, Literacy and Numeracy Practice Award.
In 2022, the Medium Employer of the Year category will discontinue at the national level. Pre-selection will take place to determine the 2 state winners of Queensland's employer awards (from the Small, Medium and Large Employer of the Year categories) that will progress to national judging for the 2 aligned national employer awards (small and large employer). Learn more about the judging process.
National winners are announced at the Australian Training Awards in November each year. Adelaide hosted the national awards presentation on 18 November 2022.
Find out more about the Australian Training Awards.
2022 national finalists and results
Congratulations to Queensland's national finalists!
- Apprentice of the Year – Jennah Halley – Australian winner
- School-based Apprentice or Trainee of the Year – Matthew Siver – Australian runner-up
- Industry Collaboration Award – Queensland Future Skills Partnership – Australian Silver award winner
- Small Training Provider of the Year Award – Harness Energy – Australian Silver award winner
- Australian Apprenticeships—Employer Award – G8 Education – Australian Bronze award winner
- School Pathways to VET Award – Sunshine Coast Technical Trade Training Centre – Australian Bronze award winner
- Trainee of the Year – Tony Karamatic
- Vocational Student of the Year – Courtney Evans
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Student of the Year – Atahnee Simpson
- VET Teacher or Trainer of the Year – Ronelle Sheehan