The Australian Training Awards are the peak national awards for the vocational education and training sector—recognising individuals, businesses and registered training organisations for their contribution to skilling Australia.
The 2019 Australian Training Awards were held on Thursday 21 November in Brisbane.
Congratulations to our Queensland winners and runner ups:
- Astill's Electrical Services Pty Ltd – Winner of the Medium Employer of the Year Award
- TAFE Queensland – Winner of the International Training Provider of the Year Award
- Ellie Farrington – Runner up - Australian Apprentice of the Year Award
- Kristy McDermott – Runner up -Vocational Student of the Year Award
The Queensland finalists were:
Australian Apprentice (Trainee) of the Year Award
- Aman Meles, Certificate III in Community Services
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Student of the Year Award
- Shaunah Downton, Certificate III in Health Services Assistance
Australian School-based Apprentice of the Year Award
- Luke Fraley, Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology
VET Teacher/Trainer of the Year Award
- Jacqui Dale, Thuringowa State High School