The Australian Training Awards are the peak national awards that showcase best practice in vocational education and training.
Winners from each state and territory (in aligned categories) have the opportunity to compete for a national award title. The Australian Training Awards also has a number of awards that are available by direct entry.
National winners were announced online during the Australian Training Awards on the 18 November 2021.
Find out more about the Australian Training Awards.
2021 national winners and finalists
Congratulations to the 2 national winners from Queensland!
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Student of the Year – Kasey Hardy
- Medium Employer of the Year – Robinson Civil Group
Well done to the Queensland team, including the following national finalists:
Individual award categories
- Apprentice of the Year – Lauren Campbell
- Trainee of the Year – Mitchell Pogan
- Vocational Student of the Year – Helen Millen
- School-based Apprentice or Trainee of the Year – Bree Connell
- VET Teacher or Trainer of the Year – Danielle Dixon
Business award categories
- Small Employer of the Year – Core Developments NQ
- Industry Collaboration Award – Queensland Water Skills Partnership
- Australian Apprenticeships – Employer Award – Affinity Education Group (direct entrant)
Training provider category
- Large Training Provider of the Year – TAFE Queensland
State winners of the organisation categories are shortlisted to 3 national finalists.
Well done to all the Queensland winners that contested nationals.