Telephone 1300 369 935
Telephone 1800 210 210
Contact Apprenticeships Info
Queensland Training Ombudsman
Telephone 1800 773 048
Contact the Training Ombudsman
Under Section 97 of the Further Education and Training Act 2014 (the Act), the department may consider the cancellation of a principal employer organisation's (PEO's) certificate of recognition.
The department may consider the cancellation of a PEO's recognition if it is reasonably satisfied that one or more of the following grounds applies:
- the organisation has not complied with a condition applying to its certificate of recognition
- the organisation has stopped operating as a PEO
- the organisation provided false or misleading information:
- when applying to be recognised
- after the issue of its certificate of recognition.
A PEO aggrieved by a decision to cancel its certificate of recognition may apply to the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT) for a review of the decision as provided for under Section 167(1)(d) of the Act.