Given the current coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the Queensland Manufacturing Institute will continue to monitor the situation and its impact on industry and schools. QMI Solutions will continue to develop and adapt their program appropriately and in line with the evolving situation.
The Advanced Manufacturing Gateway to Industry Schools project (GISP_AM) encourages sustainable partnerships between industry, government and community to build Queensland's manufacturing and engineering workforce for the future.
Gateway to Industry teachers and students engage with industry from both trade and professional backgrounds. The GISP_AM provides industry insights, evidence and connections to the advancing manufacturing industries.
A range of experiences are offered to broaden science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics (STEAM) knowledge and develop best practice models of pipelining talent to advanced manufacturing industries, including:
- aerospace and defence
- digital and print media
- textiles, leather, clothing and footwear
- mining equipment, technology and services
- transport (vehicle, marine, rail)
- resources and renewable energy
- biomedical and biotechnology
- agriculture (including precision agriculture)
- food and beverage processing
- design and furnishings.
Gateway schools actively engage with industry to provide world of work learning and experiences for teachers and students, including advanced manufacturing technologies (industry 4.0).
Programs offered include:
- Inspire programs (Prep - Year 6)
- Interest programs (Years 7 - 8)
- Involve programs (Years 9 - 10)
- Activate programs (Years 11 - 12)
- Gateway Days (teacher STEAM PD and currency in industry).
Gateway schools for advanced manufacturing and engineering welcome teachers from all schools to participate in the Gateway Days and activities.
Opportunities and events
- Visit the GISP_AM website.
- Watch the Manufacturing and Engineering Gateway to Industry Schools promotion video.
- Watch the Manufacturing and Engineering Gateway to Industry Schools project career video.
- Read the Manufacturing and Engineering Gateway to Industry Schools project careers brochure, also available in a PDF version (2.5 MB).