Telephone 1300 369 935
Telephone 1800 210 210
Contact Apprenticeships Info
Queensland Training Ombudsman
Telephone 1800 773 048
Contact the Training Ombudsman
The Health Gateway to Industry Schools project aims to develop school students' knowledge and understanding of the varied roles available in the health workforce and improve their access to learning and experiential opportunities in Queensland's growing health sector.
CheckUP will engage a wide network of schools, training providers, tertiary education institutions and health service providers to:
- Provide experiential learning opportunities for students through classroom demonstrations, industry visits and work sampling projects with health industry employers.
- Provide professional development and learning opportunities for teachers involved in health education and related programs.
- Strengthen vocational education and training (VET) opportunities for high school students with an interest in a future healthcare career.
- Prepare students for and define pathways to further education and employment in health, with an aim to meet local workforce demands.
In collaboration with local providers, practical learning opportunities will be made available to students to acquire the necessary knowledge, skills and experience required to gain a rewarding future in the healthcare workforce. These will feature a broad range of health and allied fields, including:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Care
- allied health assistance
- dental assistance
- disability/aged care
- health service operations
- pathology and diagnostic services
- patient support services
Health Gateway to Industry Schools will be identified in regions across Queensland and supported to pilot the roll-out of the project.
View the list of current Health Gateway to Industry schools.
Find out more on partnering with the project for:
- health service providers (joining as industry partners).
- Visit the Gateway 2 Health project website.
- Visit the Choose Your Own (CYO) Health Career website.
- Visit CheckUP Australia's website.
This page will be updated with information on events, programs, school and industry engagement in the future.