Given the current coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, CSQ will continue to monitor the situation and its impact on industry and schools. CSQ will continue to develop and adapt their program appropriately and in line with the evolving situation.
The Building and Construction Gateway to Industry Schools project exposes students to a range of learning experiences to help plan their future career choices and provide pathways into para-professional roles in the building and construction industry.
The project is delivered in partnership with Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) to raise awareness of the different pathways into the building and construction industry. The project involves:
- raising the profile of para-professional roles and careers in construction
- providing opportunities for industry placements
- creating links between industry and schools
- assisting with professional development for teachers.
The project assists schools throughout Queensland to form strong partnerships with the building and construction industry.
Contact the Building and Construction Gateway to Industry schools project manager to obtain a list of participating schools.
The project is open to both private and public schools. To get involved, contact the project manager.
Opportunities and events
Try'a Skill is a CSQ initiative run through schools aimed at raising the awareness of construction as a viable career option. Each year selected schools are invited to send students to an interactive program to try their hand at various skill areas.
These events are scheduled for:
- July 2022 – Thursday Island
- August 2022 – Rockhampton, Mt Isa, Mackay, Nambour, Hervey Bay
- October 2022 – Toowoomba, Cairns, Townsville, Bundaberg.
Find out more about the Building and Construction Gateway to Industry Schools project via CSQ.