The Building and Construction Gateway to Industry Schools project exposes students to a range of learning experiences to help plan their future career choices and provide pathways into the building and construction industry.
The project is delivered in partnership with Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) to raise awareness of the different pathways into the building and construction industry. The project involves:
- raising the profile of all careers in construction
- providing opportunities for industry placements
- creating links between industry and schools
- assisting with professional development for teachers.
The project assists schools throughout Queensland to form strong partnerships with the building and construction industry.
Contact the Building and Construction Gateway to Industry schools project manager to obtain a list of participating schools.
The project is open to both private and public schools. To get involved, contact the project manager.
Opportunities and events
Construction Skills is a CSQ initiative run through schools aimed at raising the awareness of construction as a viable career option. Each year selected schools are invited to send students to an interactive program to try their hand at various skill areas. The Construction Pathways offerings include Try'a Trades, Try'a Skill, virtual reality experiences, construction chats, teacher professional development, and student site tours.
Highlighted events scheduled for 2023 include:
- June/July 2023 – Weipa, Cairns, Townsville – Indigenous focused virtual reality experiences and Try'a Trades
- August to December 2023 – across all of Queensland we have all of our event suite offerings available for our MOU schools selected.
Find out more about the Building and Construction Gateway to Industry Schools project via CSQ.