Telephone 1300 369 935
Telephone 1800 210 210
Contact Apprenticeships Info
Queensland Training Ombudsman
Telephone 1800 773 048
Contact the Training Ombudsman
The Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Gateway to Industry Schools project is managed by the Australian Computer Society (ACS). ACS's vision is for Australia, and through this project, Queensland, to become a world leader in emerging tech talent, fostering innovation and creating new forms of value.
The ICT project revolves around an engaging program with the following initiatives:
- digital technologies planning and resource access for teachers via the ACS ICT Educator Community
- teacher professional development and computer programming training
- student computer programming and coding skills training
- student robotics, algorithm and programming training
- connecting teachers with local tech industry, academics, councils and state government representatives for educator to industry networking events
- robotics immersion and competition days
- BiG Day In ICT Careers days at the University of Queensland and on the Sunshine Coast, live-streamed to regional schools and recorded for classroom viewing
- facilitating excursions, incursions and work experience, and developing study and career pathways opportunities with industry leaders
- supporting schools to access targeted professional development for the digital curriculum through recognised, expert providers.
Information, news and events
Visit the ACS ICT Gateway to Industry Schools website to access:
View a list of current ICT Gateway to Industry Schools.
If you represent a Queensland-based technology company, or a large company with a technology division, register to join the ICT GISP as an Industry Partner or find out more by contacting the Project Manager.