Telephone 1300 369 935
Telephone 1800 210 210
Contact Apprenticeships Info
Queensland Training Ombudsman
Telephone 1800 773 048
Contact the Training Ombudsman
The Aerospace Gateway to Industry Schools project supports the growth and development of an effective workforce for the aerospace industry.
Participating schools partner with the industry to proactively engage and inspire students to consider a skilled, diverse and sustainable career in aerospace or related industries.
The industry-school partnerships create pathways for students into Queensland's aerospace industry, with opportunities for:
- structured workplace learning
- school-based apprenticeships and traineeships
- full-time employment
- further study.
The project has proven essential in meeting the Queensland Government's aim of transitioning young people from school to work while completing school and gaining formal qualifications.
The project involves government and non-government Queensland secondary schools and more than 30 industry partners including local aerospace entities, training providers and universities.
Schools participating in the project are committed to infusing aerospace education into the school which includes, but is not limited to:
- contexualising aerospace learning experiences with an established pathway for junior secondary
- offering a dedicated senior subject (Aerospace Systems) and/or aerospace-related industry VET qualifications
- encourage and support students and teachers to participate in opportunities to experience the industry and develop industry-related skills
- committing to working with aerospace industry and higher education partners linked to the program
- offering regular aerospace related co-curricular activities with local feeder schools.
View a list of current Aerospace Gateway to Industry schools.
Opportunities and events
View the upcoming Queensland Aerospace events.
- Subscribe to receive project updates and e-newsletters.
- Visit the Aerospace Gateway to Industry Schools website.