The Aerospace Gateway to Industry Schools project supports the growth and development of an effective workforce for the aerospace industry.
Participating schools partner with the industry to proactively engage and inspire students to consider a skilled, diverse and sustainable career in aerospace or related industries.
The industry-school partnerships create pathways for students into Queensland's aerospace industry, with opportunities for:
- structured workplace learning
- school-based apprenticeships and traineeships
- full-time employment
- further study.
The project has proven essential in meeting the Queensland Government's aim of transitioning young people from school to work while completing school and gaining formal qualifications.
The project involves government and non-government Queensland secondary schools and more than 30 industry partners including local aerospace entities, training providers and universities.
Schools participating in the project may offer:
- a dedicated aerospace subject such as aerospace systems, industrial technology skills (with an aerospace elective) or engineering technology (delivered in an aviation context); and/or
- regular contexualised aerospace learning experiences (for example, units of work for other subjects in Years 10, 11 and 12 such as hospitality studies, engineering technology, science, physics, mathematics, history or a VET qualification).
View a list of current Aerospace Gateway to Industry schools.
Opportunities and events
View the upcoming Queensland Aerospace Events.
- Watch the Aerospace Gateway to Industry Schools' promotional video.
- Read the new school proposal information. Note: This document is currently under review.
- Subscribe to receive project updates and e-newsletters.
- Visit the Aviation Australia website.