The Food, Wine and Tourism Gateway to Industry Schools project aims to help young people make a successful transition from school into further education and/or employment in industries including:
- commercial cookery
- wine and beverages
Students learn about career opportunities available in these industries through a blend of school, vocational and academic curricula targeted to industry needs.
Students and teachers from schools involved receive direct support in the form of access to industry connections, training, professional development, work experience and educational opportunities.
The Food, Wine and Tourism Gateway to Industry Schools project assists teachers throughout Queensland to form strong partnerships with the food, wine and tourism industries.
View the list of current Food, Wine and Tourism Gateway to Industry schools.
The project is open to both private and public schools.
Contact the project manager to get involved.
Opportunities and events
The project offers fantastic free workshops, cookery days and guest speaker demonstrations for students across Queensland.
Industry hosted 'Gateway days' for teachers are specially created to gain currency and professional development in industry through behind-the-scenes tours and hands-on experiences in each region.
Free online workshops and demonstrations are also available for both teachers and students.
View the 2020 calendar of events.
- Visit the Queensland College of Wine Tourism website.
- Read the Queensland Tourism Industry Council (QTIC) Tourism and Hospitality Career Guide.
- View publications from the Gateway to Industry Schools Network:
- Tourism and hospitality work readiness program - teacher resource kit, also available in PDF version (PDF, 1.8MB).
- Employer guide to hosting work experience students, also available in PDF version (PDF, 923KB).