Under Section 89 of the Further Education and Training Act 2014 (the Act), the department may consider the cancellation of a group training organisation's (GTO's) certificate of recognition.
The department may consider the cancellation of a GTO's recognition if it is reasonably satisfied that one or more of the following groups applies:
- the organisation has not complied with a condition applying to its certificate of recognition
- the organisation has stopped operating as a GTO
- the organisation provided false or misleading information:
- when applying to be recognised as a GTO; or
- after the issue of its certificate of recognition.
A GTO aggrieved by a decision to cancel its certificate of recognition may apply to the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT) for a review of the decision as provided for under Section 167(1)(b) of the Act.