The department has prepared the following hints to help with the compliance audit:
- Complete an annual self-assessment audit. The auditor will request these records in order to undertake audit activities.
- Make sure the appointment time for the site audit allows enough uninterrupted time for the opening and closing meetings and for the review of all evidence.
- Identify a place for the audit interview where documentation and records are accessible and there are few distractions.
- Identify key people to coordinate the audit process. Ensure they are familiar with all systems, responsibilities, practices and records, as they will be the closest link to the audit.
- Ensure staff with specific responsibilities are available during the audit.
- Be prepared to find documents. Records of host employers, apprentices or trainees may be tracked and sampled to establish confidence that the systems and processes operate appropriately.